What is massage therapy?
· Massage therapy is a recognized health care option that positively contributes to one’s general health and wellness and works the body’s soft tissue to help relieve pain and stiffness associated with stress, tension, injury and other conditions. Massage provides many benefits to our muscles, connective tissues, tendons and ligaments—in terms of managing, pain, injury, stress and tension levels.
What can I expect at my first massage regarding privacy?
· Once the treatment has been discussed, our licensed Massage Therapist will show you to a room and leave to allow you the privacy to get onto the table and make yourself comfortable. You will be asked to removed clothing to your level of comfort. Lie on the massage table, underneath the provided covering, which will cover your body except for the part being massaged.
· The massage table is padded and has a face cradle, which allows you to lie face down without turning your head or neck.
· Your therapist will knock on the door before re-entering the room to begin the treatment.
Massage surroundings and the environment
· You will be in a private room, unless you specifically request the couples massage room. Low, relaxing music will be playing, and the lights will be dim.
My First Massage Therapy Session
· During your massage session, your LTM should continue checking with you regarding your comfort and the amount of pressure being used. If at any time you are uncomfortable, please tell your therapist.
· Massage sessions last anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
· Massage therapists use oil during your session. If you have allergies be sure to tell your therapist.
· If you are receiving a hot stone massage, make sure that you are comfortable with the temperature of the stones and always tell your massage therapist if you are uncomfortable.
· Depending on your request, the therapist will massage either the full body (except private areas) or only specific areas that need attention.
· After your massage, your therapist will allow you to slowly get up and get dressed in privacy.
How often should I get a massage?
· Depending on your needs, one massage per month is the recommended frequency. Depending on your needs, your LMT will design a customized treatment plan which may involve more or less frequent massages.
Is massage therapy just for relaxation?
· Massage therapy is so much more than a great way to promote relaxation. It also helps manage pain, reduce stress, improve circulation, decrease muscle tension, ease breathing difficulties, lower blood pressure, reduce headaches, improve mobility, promote sleep, manage anxiety & depression and helps improve your overall wellness.